Monday 27 February 2017

Form I797A vs I797B vs I797C


Form I-797 A Is issued ONLY to people who are currently in the U.S. and are undergoing a change of status (F-1-H-1, H-1-H-1, l-1-H-1, etc.)
The “A” is for change of status approved, which means the applicant can continue to remain in the U.S. and work. Hence, I-797 A will have an I-94 attached to it to endorse the status approved.

Form I-797 B: Is issued to those who had never been to the U.S. or to those whose change of status cannot be approved.

Form I-797 C : This is a copy of the approved petition. This is usually given to the employers for their reference file, Issued to communicate receipt of payments, rejection of applications, transfer of files, fingerprint bio-metric, interview and re-scheduled appointments, and re-open cases.